Monday, August 18, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

I confess I have a guilty pleasure. No, not chocolate - that has health benefits. Wine? Nope - it also has some healthy benefits. What then, you ask. Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. (http://www.oxygen.com/tvshows/torianddean/)

I know, I know. I'm embarrassed. But I can't help myself. I never watched 90210. I don't get People Magazine (although I do peruse it at doctor offices, etc). I rarely watch Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight. So how could I have possibly found this? Summer TV. That's how. There's really nothing on in the summer. And as I was flipping channels, there it was. The first episode no less. I stopped and watched. Really there was nothing else on. I had a book to read but sometimes you need the mindless blob that is the TV.

Here's what I discovered. I like her and her husband. I could be her friend. Sure they're flawed. But aren't we all? She works hard to earn money. She also spends money like no one else I know. Of course, she's used to a certain lifestyle. Her daddy was WEALTHY. Not just a tiny bit wealthy but seriously loaded. She doesn't spend like you might think she would but it's still a lot. She and Dean clearly love each other. One of her best friends is gay. She is adored by "my gays" (her words). She and her mom have a bad relationship. Did you know she only got approximately $800,000 from her dad's $500 million estate? Her mom kept the rest. Isn't that nice?! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tori_Spelling)

OK, I have now aired my dirty laundry. What I'm willing to admit to, at any rate. You didn't think we Southern girls shared everything? Honey, we may talk a lot but we don't tell 75% of what we know.

1 comment:

The Vollmers said...

I watched my share of totally garbage-y TV in my time...starting with the Anna Nicole Show! Or how about Love Lines with Adam Corolla and Dr. Drew? Jerry Springer?

I'm stuck on "Swingtown" on CBS. Honestly, I don't think it's a very good show, the acting seems weak, the stories are getting too spread out, etc. But it's like watching a train wreck...I can't seem to avert my eyes.