Thursday, February 12, 2009

What?! Me? Sarcastic? Never.

I'd like to say that I'm not sarcastic. That I don't love the irony in life. But it just isn't true. When Jeff and I argue, I have a bad tendency to get very sarcastic. And, often, when I make jokes, there is always at least a tinge of sarcasm or irony there.

I don't know where it comes from. Does it really matter? I mean, seriously. I do know that the only person I know more sarcastic than me is my friend Don. He can have a very biting sense of humor at times. Love it!!

So, anyway, the point here is that I have a new author I love. She's funny in a sarcastic, ironic, biting, self-effacing way. Her first book is "Bitter is the New Black" and I laughed out loud way too many times. She writes like she is having a conversation right next to me. I'm reading her second book, "Bright Lights, Big Ass" ("A self-indulgent, surly ex-sorority girl's guide to why it often sucks in the city, or who are these idiots and why do they all live next door to me?" see? funny, right?). Funny as well. Written a little differently but still, laugh out loud funny. Give it a try.

1 comment:

The Vollmers said...

I remember reading "Bitter is the New Black" and LOVING it! But what's the author's name again? I can't remember...

I actually mention you in a recent post re: the 1-2 books per week I'm blasting through on this trip. The Knights Templar is in my list and I can't wait to start it. I remember you recommending it for Book Club on month...way back when...

I miss your book club....sniff sniff.